- GIR Information
- Swim & Boat Test
- PE Student History
- Annual Calendar
- Quarter Schedule
- Course Catalog
- PE Plan
- Alternate Points
- Make-up Form
- Health & Wellness Tips
- Pirate Certificate
- Instructor Bio's
- Pics and Stories
- Locations & Directions
Private Swim Lessons
Students may purchase private swim lessons and earn physical education & wellness (PE&W) points for successful completion of the sessions.
- 440 minutes = 2 PE Points
- Points must be completed in 6 weeks. No more than 90 minutes of activity can be done on a single day and no more than 120 minutes in a week.
- In order to receive points, you must complete an attendance card with entries for each class (name of class, date, instructor signature and number of minutes).
- Points are not awarded for sessions purchased and not yet completed. Sessions must be completed in a 6 week period.
- Attendance card must be turned in within 1 week of completion of sessions.
- Purchase an MIT Student PE&W Private Lesson Package from the main customer service desk at the Zesiger Center or the Alumni Wang Center. Let them know you are taking lessons to satisfy your swim requirement. See the Recreational Sports web page for class options and pricing
- Download and print the attendance card.
- For each session completed, you must indicate the date, number of minutes, and obtain signature of the instructor. You must show the instructor your id.
- Upon completion of the 440 minutes, submit the completed attendance card to the Physical Education & Wellness Program Coordinator (W35-297U) within 1 week of completion of sessions.
- The completed card will be reviewed and approved by the Aquatic Program Director and Physical Education & Wellness Office. Upon approval, physical education & wellness points will be awarded and processed. Please allow 5 business days for verification and processing.
Note: In order to receive points, you must have completed the swim lessons. Points are not awarded for lessons purchased and not yet completed. Lessons must be completed in a 6 week period.
For further questions regarding PE&W Swim Lessons, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.