- GIR Information
- Swim & Boat Test
- PE Student History
- Annual Calendar
- Quarter Schedule
- Course Catalog
- PE Plan
- Alternate Points
- Make-up Form
- Health & Wellness Tips
- Pirate Certificate
- Instructor Bio's
- Pics and Stories
- Locations & Directions
Private Swim Lessons
Students may purchase private swim lessons and earn physical education points for successful completion of the sessions.
- 440 minutes = 2 PE Points
- Points must be completed in 6 weeks. No more than 90 minutes of activity can be done on a single day and no more than 120 minutes in a week.
- In order to receive points, you must complete an attendance card with entries for each class (name of class, date, instructor signature and number of minutes).
- Points are not awarded for sessions purchased and not yet completed. Sessions must be completed in a 6 week period.
- Attendance card must be turned in within 1 week of completion of sessions.
- Purchase an MIT Student PE Swim Requirement Lesson Package (Item code: 531) from the main customer service desk at the Zesiger Center or the Alumni Wang Center. The cost is $248. Payments include check, cash or charge.
- Download and print the attendance card.
- For each session completed, you must indicate the date, number of minutes, and obtain signature of the instructor. You must show the instructor your id.
- Upon completion of the 440 minutes, submit the completed attendance card to the Physical Education Program Coordinator (W35-297U) within 1 week of completion of sessions.
- The completed card will be reviewed and approved by the Aquatic Program Director and Physical Education Office. Upon approval, physical education points will be awarded and processed. Please allow 5 business days for verification and processing.
Note: In order to receive points, you must have completed the swim lessons. Points are not awarded for lessons purchased and not yet completed. Lessons must be completed in a 6 week period.
For further questions regarding PE Swim Lessons, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.