Download | Class Make Up Form (pdf)
If you are in need of making up a class you can do so by attending any of the following types of classes (if space is available)
1.) another section of your current Physical Education & Wellness class - mitpe.mit.edu
2.) NEW- Hands on CPR only/AED-IAP - TBD (see details below)
3.) a PE&W class you have taken before and passed - mitpe.mit.edu
4.) a Group Exercise class options- (schedule- mitrecsports.com)
a. Physical Education & Wellness Group Exercise course- mitpe.mit.edu*
b. MWF Recreation noon free drop in Group Exercise class
c. Recreation Group Exercise class - ($10 each)
i. Recreation Group Exercise courses require students to reserve a spot in
class either in person or using the Recreation Mobile App- here
ii. Not available for make-up Q2, 2018
1. Tuesday-Free Zumba, 12-1p (Alumni Studio)
2. Wednesday- Free Body Sculpt, 12-1p (T-Club)
- Students must complete 11 classes in order to pass a PE&W class during Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4**
- Students must complete 7 classes in order to pass a PE&W class during IAP**
- Makeups must be completed and submitted to your instructor by your last class within the same quarter
- No more than 2 make up classes are permitted
- Students must bring MIT ID and make-up form with you to the make-up class.
Note: All classes have a limited capacity so plan ahead. Instructors are not required to allow you to participate if space is not available. It is recommended you do not wait until the last week to complete your make ups.
**not applicable to Extreme PE&W classes; check specific course instructions for details.
NEW Hands on CPR only/AED
This is a new free make up option effective Q2 2018/2019.
Students can attend a 40 minute class, where CPR instructors from MIT EMS will lead students through and interactive training session that will cover techniques for performing Hands-On CPR and using an AED--two techniques that can triple a victim's chance of survival in the event of a cardiac arrest. Sponsored by MIT Emergency Management.
Students are able to participate in this option 1x per year.
IAP 2019 Make Up Dates: TBD
IAP 2019 Registration will open via google doc - HERE
* Registration is first come, first serve- limited to a capacity of 16 students/class
* A wait list will be available
* Walk in's will be taken if space is available
* If students do not cancel their spot 48 hours in advance they will not be able
to take class the remainder of the academic year
* Students must bring with them to class their MIT ID